? ??????????????Tropical Dreams? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.7 (24 Ratings)??17 Grabs Today. 10592 Total Grabs.
??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Right Near Da Beach? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.6 (5 Ratings)??11 Grabs Today. 2298 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????Tr BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Mashed Potato soup by Yours Truly

1 1/2 pounds ground beef
1 large onion, diced
6 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
3 cups water
1 cup diced celery
4 cups milk
2 cups cold mashed potatoes (prepared with milk and butter)
1 can evaporated milk
salt and pepper to taste

In a soup kettle or Dutch oven, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the cubed potatoes, water and celery; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add milk, mashed potatoes, evaporated milk, salt and pepper. Heat through but do not boil.

*I actually found this recipe at allrecipes.com because I was looking for a way to use up leftover frozen mashed potatoes from Christmas. As usual, I left out the onion, but I did use some minced onion. I never peel my potatoes either. Joy likes soup to be very thick so I didn't add the 4 cups of milk. This really is a hearty, chunky soup. Great with grilled cheese!

0 comments: