? ??????????????Tropical Dreams? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.7 (24 Ratings)??17 Grabs Today. 10592 Total Grabs.
??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Right Near Da Beach? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.6 (5 Ratings)??11 Grabs Today. 2298 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????Tr BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Monday, March 10, 2008

Initial post

This is my first foray into the weblog world and I think I just might like it! This is part of an assignment for my Technology in Education course and I could see myself using this in the classroom. I did a quick google on education blogs and found an interesting example of a library in New Jersey. The library used a weblog on their site to promote upcoming events or to recap previous events, such as visiting authors, items in the showcase, exhibits, raffle winners, etc. It is easy to think of ways weblogs could be used for English or writing classes such as collaborative writing or classroom critiques. I saw an example of a weblog for AP European History that included a weekly class schedule, an introductory information and an email link for the teacher, and even a You Tube link to one of the teacher's favorite bands. I also think it would be fun for younger students to use weblogs similar to the way we used to have pen-pals many years ago. It would be very interesting to partner with another classroom possibly a world away and learn together through weblogging.

3 comments:

Rhonda said...

Yeah! You are blogging! Gabe is very excited to see Joy and "Kaffy" on his computer screen.

Becky said...

Hey--got your e-mail about your blog and thought I'd try it out. Nevery have been on a blog before, so this is kind-a fun! (smile)

Liked your comments on spiritual sobriety. I too had heard the terminology before, but I never had put it into context on what it really meant. Miss ya!

Erin said...

Yay! So glad to see you on here :D