? ??????????????Tropical Dreams? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.7 (24 Ratings)??17 Grabs Today. 10592 Total Grabs.
??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Right Near Da Beach? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.6 (5 Ratings)??11 Grabs Today. 2298 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????Tr BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Friday, March 28, 2008

Five miles and making babies

Today I walked five miles. The first two weren't bad at all. Mile three was a little tedious but mile four felt like mile 40. The last one clicked off pretty easily (but slowly) because I knew I was in the home stretch. I have started a new walking schedule because I am thinking about participating in the Avon breast care walk. It consists of walking a marathon or a marathon and a half over a span of two days. I'll keep the blog updated with my progress.

Changing subjects here......I just had a hilarious conversation with Joy's grandma about home remedies for getting pregnant. Someone had told her about taking vitamin C or vitamin E to increase your chances of getting pregnant. That got me to thinking about the various suggestions I have received over the almost 17 childless years we have been married. I have been recommended to eat sweet potatoes (that one may have a scientific basis), and various other suggestions that would not be appropriate to post on this blog. I told Marie that someday I should write a compilation of all the various "Tips and Tricks to Get a Bun in the Oven". Sounds like a good working title to me!

The truth of the matter is, when God wants us to have a baby, then we will have one. It's just that simple. I have to look no further than the examples of Sarah, Hannah or Elizabeth in the Old and New Testaments to know that God can open the womb when it suits His plan to do so. The giving of life (or the taking of life, for that matter) is all up to Him. If we think for one second that we are ever in charge of that, we are grossly mistaken. Every detail of our lives, even our family planning, is filtered through His loving hands. Knowing that fact is what keeps my heart at rest on this matter.

Here's a thought...if you have heard any hilarious home remedies, leave me a comment so I can include them in my future book!

1 comments:

Mrs. McCullah said...

I just now read this post. I want you to know that you guys were great "parents" to us. I know for sure that my life could have taken a different road if it weren't for you and Joy. I love both of you and miss you guys. I have prayed since I met both of you that you would have a baby of your own someday. I know the Lord has a plan and I will not stop bringing this request to Him.
Thank you for being an example to follow.

Love,
Amanda

(Baby advice for your book)
Oh yeah, I was told to take cough medicine right before you uh, ummm, well you know....