? ??????????????Tropical Dreams? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.7 (24 Ratings)??17 Grabs Today. 10592 Total Grabs.
??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ?????Right Near Da Beach? ????? ?? ???Rating: 4.6 (5 Ratings)??11 Grabs Today. 2298 Total Grabs. ??????Preview?? | ??Get the Code?? ?? ???????Tr BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS ?

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Psalm 30:1-12, in our words

SUNDAY SCHOOLERS: My "version" is below. Make a comment with your "version" so we can all enjoy!

I will exalt You, Lord, because you have made my life worth living and have not allowed me to live without purpose.

Lord, my God, I cried to You for help, and You rescued me.

Lord, You bright me out of my sin habits; You spared me from great personal losses.

Sing to the Lord, you His faithful ones, and praise His holy name.

For His allowed hard times last only a moment, but His favor, a lifetime.

When I was secure, I said, You are my Redeemer.

Lord, when You showed Your favor, You made me fruitful despite my barrenness; when You did something I couldn't understand, I was terrified.

Lord, I called to You; I sought favor from my Lord:

"What gain is there in worldly entertainment?"

Lord, listen and be gracious to me; Lord, be my helper."

You turned my barrenness into fruitfulness; You removed my scarlet sin and clothed me with a white garment fit for a bride so that I can sing to You and not be silent. Lord my God, I will praise You forever.

4 comments:

Kathryn Maberry said...

A comment from one of our classmates who chooses to remain anonymous:

will Exalt You, Lord, because You have held me and have not allowed me to fall altogether. Lord my God, I cried to You for help, and You called me to You. Lord, You brought me freedom, openness; You spared me from discouragement, continued pointlessness and loneliness. Sing to the Lord, you His faithful ones, and praise His holy name. For His chastisement lasts only a moment, but His favor, a lifetime. Weeping may spend the night, but there is joy in the morning. When I was secure, I said, What relief, sweet comfort and amazing acceptance! Lord, when You showed Your favor, You made me precious and treasured; when You drew back, I was terrified. Lord, I called to You; I sought favor from my Lord; What gain is there in defeat and separation? Lord, listen and be gracious to me; Lord, be my helper. You let me glimpse Your beauty and majesty; You drew me that I might begin to know You. You turned my desperation into delight; You are removing my self-pity and arrogance and clothing me with lightness, so that I can sing to You and not be silent. Oh Lord my God, You are holy and altogether good, I will praise You forever.

Karen Guthrie said...

Psalm 30:1-12
I will exalt You, Lord, because you have saved and restored me and have not allowed the enemy to have me. Lord my God, I cried to You for help, and you healed me. Lord, you brought me from the edge of darkness; You spared me from searation from your love. Sing to the Lord, you His faithful ones, and praise His holy name. For his discipline lasts only a moment, but his favor, a lifetime. Weeping may spend the night, but there is joy in the morning. When I was secure, I said, I will prisie you forever. Lord, when You showed Your favor, you made me aware of Your protection; when You let me wander in darkness I was terrified. Lord, I called to You; I sought favor from my Lord: "What gain is there in my silence, my downward spiral? Lord, listen and be gracious to me; Lord be my helper." You turned my darkness into light; You removed my filthy rags and clothed me with holy robes so that I can sing to You and not be silent. Lord my God, I will priase you forever.

Anonymous said...

I will exalt You, LORD, because you have placed your Almighty grip on me and have not allowed me to make decisions that would have ruined me. LORD, my God, I cried to You for help, and You rushed to me. LORD, you brought me close to You, and revealed Yourself to me. You spared me from the enemy's destructive plan for my life. Sing to the LORD, you His faithful ones, and praise His holy name. For His disappointment lasts only a moment, but his favor, a lifetime. Weeping may spend the night, but there is joy in the morning. When I was secure, I said, How safe! Lord, when You showed Your favor, You made me safe in the shelter of Your wings; when You allowed the enemy to come close I was terrified. LORD, I called You; I sought favor from my LORD. "What gain is there in me being out of Your perfect will for my life?" LORD, listen and be gracious to me; LORD, be my helper." You turned my discouragement into hope; You removed my disppointment and clothed me with delight, so that I can sing to You and not be silent. LORD my God, I will praise You forever.

Jen Carter

Rebecca A Emrich said...

Thank you for such a lovely version of the Psalm. This is perfect.